Thursday 21 December 2017

Burn Calories With These Three Water Sports

Let's be honest: it's not always easy to keep up with a fitness routine. This is why it's important to find an activity that you'd look forward to. If you enjoy being in the water like me, here are some fun water sports you can try:

                             Image source: News24.com


Swimming: Of course, swimming has to be on the list. It's a whole-body workout that is perfect for those who have respiratory, cardiovascular, and muscular issues. Swimming for at least 30 minutes each day is a great way to stay fit without too much physical stress.

Underwater hockey: If you're feeling a bit adventurous, you'll surely enjoy this version of hockey. Snorkeling alone can burn hundreds of calories. When you add the activity involved in hockey, it will surely double the numbers. Underwater hockey is a thrilling activity that will make the time pass by quickly. If you're looking for a physically challenging water sport, this one's for you.

Surfing: Summer is the best time to enjoy surfing. When I tried this activity for the first time my legs felt heavy after an hour of trying to conquer the waves. When I got out of the water, it felt as if I just got out of a core workout at the gym. Yes, surfing can be this intense. It may look easy, but a strong physique is needed in braving the waves. Still, it’s a fun activity you shouldn’t miss out on.

Image source: Entrepreneur.com


To stay healthy, we should all do things that keep us active and happy. It's a plus if we happen to explore new places and meet new people in the process.

Thanks for reading! My name is Mike Briese, and I’m a photographer based in Milpitas, CA. I specialize in nature photography and often go on hikes throughout the many national parks throughout California. I enjoy a wide variety of water sports and outdoor activities. Follow me on Twitter for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment